Senior Data Analyst
4 months ago
Pixelberry Studios is a top mobile games developer, creating fun and engaging games with heart for over nine years. We’re a division of Nexon, one of the Top 10 largest gaming companies in the world. Our studio is 3-for-3 launching games into the App Store's Top 25 Grossing chart. Our market-leading, award-winning mobile game, Choices: Stories You Play, broke into the Top 5 in the App Store. Our vision for success is based around innovative game design, diversity, and putting our players first!
We've seen firsthand the positive impact that games can make. Because of that, we leverage our commercial success to make a real difference: we have partnered with numerous non-profits, saved actual lives with our games, and donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to charities. Players love our games’ focus on racial, gender, sexual, and identity diversity while holding us accountable when they expect more.
Some of us at Pixelberry have worked together for over 10 years through multiple companies. As a result, we strive to create long-term relationships that help sustain our success. We continue to add new individuals who aren’t just searching for another stepping stone but a place to put down roots and actively make a difference. We love what we do and are looking for passionate, like-minded people who want to grow, learn, and make a difference together.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Pixelberry Studios is looking for a Senior Data Analyst.
Our headquarters are in Los Altos, CA but we can accommodate a remote work environment for a candidate from the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington.
Currently, all Pixelberry staff work remotely with the option to work in-office, if desired.
- Interpret both internal and external data to influence strategic, tactical, and operational decision-making
- Brainstorm, build and productionize statistical/ML models to drive business decisions
- Design scientific experiments to evaluate the impact of different product/data features
- Collaborate with business leaders to optimize player experience
- Utilize data science techniques/ statistical knowledge to conduct ad-hoc analyses to predict and optimize business outcomes
- 3-4+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, investment banking, analytics or related experience; mobile-first direct to consumer tech company (ideally mobile games) is a plus
- Advanced expertise in SQL, R, and/or Python
- Practical knowledge of Stats and/or Machine Learning
- Familiarity with experiment design and evaluation concepts and practices
- BA or BS degree (ideally in a quantitative or social scientific field)
- Advanced degrees (MA / MS / MBA / PhD)
- Familiarity with cloud deployment
- Have experience driving data/ML projects from end-to-end
- Experience in casual and/or female-focused mobile games
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- High level of autonomy and freedom
- Rich & flexible health, disability, and employee assistance offerings to meet the needs of a diverse workforce
- 401(K) with matching program
- Paid Year-End Break
- For local employees that elect to work in-studio, a relaxed office environment with free food and snacks
- Virtual escape rooms, video game nights, trivia parties, and other team-building activities throughout the year!
HOW THIS JOB IS DIFFERENT
- Learn about the business side of mobile games. Our team is very good at what we do.
- Good work/life balance. We are family-friendly and look at things in the long term.
- That warm fuzzy feeling that you’re not just making a difference at a company, but in the lives of people all over the world.
Pixelberry Studios values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, Black/BIPOC, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Pixelberry is also an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Compensation Description for Pay Transparency (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $85,000 - $125,000 annually.
Our salary ranges are determined by market data based on position and level. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum salaries for that position. Where an individual’s pay falls within the range is determined by factors including, but not limited to, location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
In some cases, compensation may fall outside of this range depending on factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.