This job might no longer be available.
Senior Data Scientist, Computer Graphics
10 months ago
Team Name:Global Insights
Job Title:Senior Data Scientist, Computer Graphics
It takes a Blizzard to make a Blizzard game, and that level of effort doesn’t end once the game is released; we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers world-wide. Global Insights works closely with the game development, business and internal service teams at Blizzard to produce insights and models that enable us to make the most epic player experiences. The ML (machine learning) & AI (Artificial Intelligence) group within Global Insights focuses on applying the latest in key research areas to build lasting data products and tools for our game and business teams.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who specializes in ML & AI application in computer graphics to join our Global Insights team. Blizzard data scientists design and deploy data-powered products and services that serve the business and development of Blizzard games every day. The ideal candidate is passionate about the latest innovations in ML and AI; has expertise in designing deep learning system in computer graphics domain; with strong programming skill to help deploy and maintain them.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art machine learning solutions for computer graphic problems to enhance game development and gameplay objectives.
- Work closely with software engineers and tech artists to deploy, automate, and maintain models seamlessly on production systems.
- Communicate about machine learning models and products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Master’s or PhD with a specialization in ML, AI, and computer graphics.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: deep learning on 3D representations, style transferring, image translation, generative adversarial network (GAN) on image generation, transformer, etc.
- Hands-on applied or research experience developing machine learning models on large image/3D model data sets.
- Proficient in Python and experienced in at least one other higher-level programming languages like Java, C++, C#, Scala, etc.
- Practical experience with Tensorflow, Pytorch or Keras.
- Experience with 3D graphics programs like 3ds Max, Maya, etc.
- Experience with procedural content generation for video games.
- Experience with cloud computing services like Google Cloud, AWS (Amazon Web Service), or Azure.
- A track record of original contributions to research communities of ML, AI, and computer graphics.
- Understanding of video game graphics.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.
- How you think data science can support game development and business
- What games you are familiar with if any
**Submissions that do not contain Cover Letters will not be considered.
The Global Insights team prides itself on its commitment to a healthy positive work-life balance, and mentorship opportunities at every level. In addition to trying to ensure a balanced workload, the GI team will provide regular opportunities for social functions to get to know fellow team members and take a break. We prioritize mental wellness and physical wellbeing within all our team members. GI offers a robust mentorship program which aims to help employees on career development within their role and provides an opportunity to build rapport with other GI team members. Mentorship is just one facet of a strong emphasis on growth opportunities for new team members. We are strongly committed for team members to have opportunities to look forward to.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.