Senior Data Platform Engineer
7 days ago
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. is a proven publisher of hit MMO games. We blend creativity, passion for gaming, solid distributed computing engineering, and a data driven approach. Our flagship game, Wizard101, launched in 2008, entertains millions of active players each year.
KingsIsle is actively seeking a data engineer to join our ETL/Data Warehouse team.
- Collaborate with Game Design, Game Engineering and Products/Marketing to identify business, dataset and data delivery requirements.
- Design, code, test and maintain data processing components including: ETL, subject area analytics transformations, database interface components, data lifecycle/retention handling, reporting/visualization platform integration, external platform integration.
- Work with our Principal Engineers to evaluate opportunities in integrating new technologies and platforms into our data pipelines. This includes but is not limited to: Machine Learning, Streaming Data and Data Security services.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Demonstrable proficiency in SQL (MySQL and Vertica preferred).
- Minimum of 4 years experience developing data movement/data processing components (Python or Perl preferred).
- Familiarity with Linux or Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience with full software lifecycle development lifecycle.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision care benefits
- 401(K) with employer match
- Company fun days and parties
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Only highly qualified candidates need apply and only candidates that meet the degree requirements will be considered
- Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle