(Senior) Data Engineer
12 days ago
We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, truly collaborative way of working, and the values we strive to live up to every day. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to help us evolve our data pipeline and to challenge the team to find even better solutions.
As a (Senior) Data Engineer you will be an essential part of our Data team, inspiring and sharing your expertise with your colleagues. Our Data Engineering team is responsible for providing the data infrastructure, services and tools we use to analyze, improve and personalize our games which are enjoyed by millions of players every month. The team is processing terabytes of data and enables number-driven business decisions within the company in all areas.
As a team member you will:
- Support our data scientists productionalizing their machine learning models
- Improve and maintain tooling that makes our game analysts and data scientists’ lifes easier
- Build software that help our marketing teams to integrate and analyze data from various source
- Take part in our team on-call rotation (after an extensive onboarding period)
- You have experience as a data engineer using Python
- You are an expert in SQL. You can help analysts to make their queries faster.
- You are a team player and value collaboration.
- You are up to date with the latest technologies in Data Engineering.
- Your English (both written and spoken) is good - no German skills are required, but we will help you learn if you’re keen!
Great if you know:
- Jupyter notebooks, that’s what our data scientists use day in, day out
- Some basics in statistics
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!