Senior Data Engineer
Bucharest Bucharest ro
8 days ago
Your main mission
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support the growth and maturity of our applied Machine Learning projects.
You will be part of an international Enterprise Data team (located in Bucharest, Paris, Montréal, and San Francisco) in charge of the Finance and Sales reporting solutions at group level, but will be working closely with the Machine Learning / Data Science teams and build services, workflows, tools, to lead projects from the early concepts to prototypes, and from prototypes to a scalable production-level implementation.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models / objects to provide the input for the data pipelines catering to the Machine Learning products.
- Design, implement and optimize data pipelines : data ingestion and modelling, feature engineering, data format and pipeline architecture, into streamlined workflows that can run at scale, in a distributed storage/computing environment.
- Test the solutions implemented and analyze potential data quality issues to determine the root cause
- Ensure that formal documentation is produced for all development projects.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Knowledge and significant experience in data pipelines tools/languages such as Spark, Python, Kafka, Airflow, etc.;
- Knowledge and significant experience in Databases, storages and data warehousing: SQL (Teradata, SQL Server, Postgre), NoSQL (Hive, Druid, Cassandra) or specialized (ElasticSearch, Graph, Redis);
- Writing SQL code to support ETL processes on any major RDBMS;
- Knowledge and experience with ETL tools (Informatica PowerCenter or SSIS or IBM Datastage or Abinitio or other major ETL tools);
- Experience in Cloud native applications;
- Strong autonomy and will to create tools from the ground up;
- Strong communication skills (English mandatory);
- Strong interest (ideally experience) in the machine learning field;
- Ideally: solid programming skills, to be able to streamline data science code;
- Be aware of technical best practices (regular researches on relevant data engineering resources).
- Agile methodology knowledge;
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy, Tableau etc.;
- Knowledge in Back End, Processing and workflows (Containers, Orchestrators, CI/CD, APIs, Messaging, Logging, Tracing).
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume , highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.