Senior Data Engineer
6 days ago
Take-Two Interactive develops, publishes and markets some of the world's biggest games. We publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, Ghost Story, PlayDots, Social Point as well as Private Division label and Nordeus. Our Rockstar label creates Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, two of the most critically acclaimed gaming franchises in history. Our 2K label creates games like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier's Civilization. Our Private Division label publishes Kerbal Space Program, Ancestors and The Outer Worlds.
While our offices (physical and virtual) are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
We are looking for a motivated and quality focused Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team to design, build, and maintain reliable and scalable data pipelines.
The ideal candidate is a strong Python developer equally comfortable with writing code and helping business teams understand data. A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to think big (while paying careful attention to detail) and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL TAKE ON
- Design, develop and maintain high-capacity and scalable data pipelines.
- Design, develop and maintain API based ETL/ELT processes for raw data collection from multiple sources.
- Collaborate with other data engineers, data scientists and business intelligence engineers to build data solutions.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with other team members to continue to scale our architecture to evolve for the needs of tomorrow.
- Develop and support continuous integrations build and deployment processes using Jenkins, Docker, Git, etc.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Python.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in using advanced SQL queries and writing/optimizing highly efficient SQL queries.
- 2+ years of experience integrating with 3rd party APIs is required.
- 2+ years of experience of working in AWS environment is required.
- Comfortable working with business customers to collect requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied business domains.
- Experienced in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them.
- Knowledge of software coding practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, or similar.
- Python (required)
- SQL (required)
- Git (required)
- Developing solutions using Docker (required)
- Data modeling for data warehousing (required)
- Spark (nice to have)
- Developing microservices (nice to have)
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Great Company Culture . Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks . Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.