Senior Data Engineer
10 days ago
Senior Data Engineer
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break is founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming. We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of the future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role
Limit Break is looking for Sr Data Engineer to join our team.
The Data Engineering team builds core data infrastructure and applications in support of all areas of our business, including our studio teams, analytics, user acquisition, monetization, and finance. We are passionate about maximizing the value that data and analytics can provide to the business and are aggressively investing in new capabilities. Our team covers a lot of ground from real-time data ingestion through to scalable data pipelines.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do
● Take ownership of and developing critical infrastructure and new features for our next-generation analytics platform, supporting central functions such as marketing, live ops and finance
● Build scalable, accurate, and extensible stream processing applications using Spark, Kafka, Hive, Druid, Airflow, Scala/Java
● Ensure best practices and standards in our data ecosystem
● Establish and improve on automation process and optimization of data infrastructure
● Collaborate with cross disciplinary teams, and effectively communicate with stakeholders
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done
● 5+ years software engineering experience
● 3+ years of data engineering experience, especially working on back-end data infrastructure
● Extensive experience with Java, Scala, Python, Kafka, Druid, Hadoop/EMR
● Experience building highly scalable real-time and batch processing data pipelines
● Bachelor's degree in computer science/statistics/mathematics, data engineering, or other fields with equivalent proven engineering experience
● Understanding of tradeoffs between off the shelf services and home grown solutions
● Experience with workflow orchestration tools such as Oozie, Luigi, and Airflow
● Experience with SQL and SQL-like languages
● Proficiency in writing well-tested code, including unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
Nice to have. What an ideal candidate looks like
● Experience with high-scale machine learning, i.e. Spark M/L, SageMaker, etc
● Experience with CI/CD process, testing framework, and containerization technology
● Experience with AWS Ecosystem, especially Kinesis, Lambda, and Glue
What you’ll Get in Return
● Competitive U.S. Base Salary between $208,000 and $240,000
● Generous paid vacation
● Generous parental leave (12 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
● Industry-leading health benefits that are applicable per country of residence for all our full-time employees
● Company-paid Life Insurance
● Health & wellness stipend
● Cell phone stipend
● Company-paid identify theft/credit monitoring service
● Generous home office reimbursement
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to email@example.com to explore this new opportunity .This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.