Senior Data Engineer
16 days agoGSN Games is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team in the Bay Area!
What You'll Do:
We are building a next generation “big data” analytics platform for social gaming. Our BI platform contains trillions of data points. We ingest over 2 billion records a day from various internal and external data sources including databases, mobile devices, web services and 3rd party APIs. You will be responsible for building highly scalable multithreaded applications to gather, store and maintain massive datasets. The applications you build will help power a growing library of dashboards, reports, and interactive data tools enabling critical decision making at all levels of the company including the management team.
- Exceptional experience and proficiency with Python
- Strong proficiency in SQL, including advanced queries and performance tuning on a columnar store DB such as Vertica, Redshift or BQ (Vertica a plus)
- A strong working knowledge of ETL technologies such as Airflow
- Experience developing data pipelines against 3rd party APIs / RESTful web services and working with vendors to identify and correct issues and drive enhancements
- Experience at implementing the full life cycle of massive datasets including ETL, cleaning, data analysis and deployment in the Cloud (AWS or GCP)
- Strong analytical ability and debugging skills
- You thrive when given broad objectives with minimal supervision, enjoy a fast paced “startup” like environment and enjoy figuring out bleeding edge technologies that are still rough around the edges
- 3-5 years experience as a Data Engineer in a large scale environment.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Familiarity with machine learning technologies (in python or scikit-learn)
- Familiarity with Athena a plus
- Previous experience with Tableau
- You have experience in the gaming industry