Senior Data Engineer, Amazon Games
9 days ago
Amazon Games is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to help us architect and build a centralized data system that integrates with multiple data sources (game data, Twitch, retail, marketing). We are a new and energetic team building the BI systems for our games and enthusiastic about our mission to be the most customer-obsessed company in the industry.
Amazon is all-in on games. As a data engineer on our team, you will develop scalable and innovative solutions to process terabytes of data and enable us to effectively operate our business. You will be a self-starter who has a penchant for digging deep and solving complex problems. You will enjoy working on multiple concurrent projects and interfacing with all levels within the organization.
Your responsibilities include:
· Architect scalable data pipelines that handle millions of events per second in a cost-effective manner using AWS technologies including Airflow, Spark, EMR, Glue, Kinesis, Redshift/Spectrum and Athena
· Create automated ingestion, processing, cleaning and aggregation of large data sets
· Design user access controls that allows partial and complete data access to large and diverse groups of users
· Work closely with game teams, Twitch, finance and marketing to build data solutions
· Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes
Note that this role could sit in Seattle or San Diego, CA.
About Amazon Games
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 7+ years of industry experience in data engineering, with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
· 7+ years of experience in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· 7+ years of experience using big data technologies (Airflow, EMR, Columnar Data Warehouses, Spark etc.)
· Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
· Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
· Experience with Airflow or other similar ETL tools
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.