Senior Product Data Analyst
17 days ago
Join Skillz and Level Up Your Career!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join Skillz, the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform that hosts billions of casual mobile gaming tournaments for millions of players worldwide. Skillz is revolutionizing the gaming industry, providing the ultimate platform for competitive mobile games. By fostering social competition within games, Skillz empowers developers to create multi-million dollar franchises while connecting players through fair, enjoyable, and meaningful competition.
At Skillz, we firmly believe that everyone is born with unique skills and deserves to experience an epic win. We understand the thrill of achievement and the satisfaction of overcoming challenges. That's why we passionately champion game developers and players alike, empowering them to unleash their full potential through the power of competition.
Life @ Skillz
- Culture of Impact: Join a united team of builders, creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs driven by the desire to win. At Skillz, we create value and make a difference in the world.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We value our team members and provide a comprehensive benefits package to ensure your well-being. Enjoy 401K matching, equity incentives, extensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, pre-tax benefit options, and more.
- Work-Life Balance: Achieving work-life balance is important to us. We offer competitive paid time off (PTO) & company holidays to help you recharge and pursue your passions.
- Perks: We believe in enhancing your work experience. Enjoy weekly team lunches, snacks, Friday Happy Hours, commuter benefits, insurances, and many more.
- Pioneers of Skill-Based Competition: Skillz is not just any company in the gaming industry; we are the pioneer of skill-based competition. Join us in transforming the way people play games and building the home of competition for all.
- Impact Beyond Gaming: Skillz harnesses the power of its platform to support nonprofit organizations such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, the NAACP, and more. By participating in Skillz tournaments, you can make a difference and contribute to causes you care about.
- Recognized Success: Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, San Francisco Business Times' Best Places to Work, Forbes' Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000 list, and many more.
- Talent Magnet: Join a team of talented professionals who are passionate about what they do. Our team includes experts from Meta, Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Roblox, Samsung, EA, Riot, Tinder, Intel, Twitch, and more.
The Future of Gaming Awaits!
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books combined, with over 3 billion active gamers playing monthly and over 25 million active developers worldwide. Mobile gaming, in particular, is the fastest-growing segment, projected to reach $300 billion by 2025. At Skillz, you have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this exciting industry and shape its future.
Analyst Program at Skillz:
As a Senior Product Analyst you will be a part of the Analytics professionals at Skillz, and you will work in domains such as:
- Designing, launching, and measuring new features on the Skillz ecosystem.
- Running impactful A/B experiments to optimize the user experience.
- Understanding trends in user satisfaction and feedback.
- Driving improvements in internal processes and systems to enable the company to scale.
- Assessing and improving game performance and player engagement of Skillz games.
- Drive highly visible strategic projects, collaborating cross-functionally to structure problems, understand opportunities, and develop solutions.
- Flawlessly execute a roadmap of feature releases, finding ways to learn from and engage our players to optimize their retention and lifetime value.
- Own key areas of the business from front to end, including execution and follow-through on product development initiatives.
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior executives and other stakeholders.
- Support our understanding of customer behaviors and life cycles, such as user engagement, conversion, and churn.
- Design, develop, and share reports and dashboards used by the entire company every day.
- 4+ years of experience in Analytics.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL.
- Able to work in-office 5 days a week in San Mateo or Las Vegas (relocation available).
- Experience performing quantitative and strategic analysis (preferably in product development, consumer marketing, or consulting preferred but not required).
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives that require significant collaboration between different departments, including both technical and business teams.
- Inquisitive mindset with a major in marketing, business, economics, statistics, engineering, or mathematics preferred but not required.
- Self-starter with a 'don't take no for an answer' attitude and strong communication skills.
- Ability to solve unstructured problems independently by developing and applying appropriate frameworks or techniques.
- Experience using data visualization platforms and connecting data insights to strategy.
Join Skillz and Let's Redefine the Boundaries of Gaming!
Together, we'll create a world where skill, passion, and innovation thrive. Join our team and be part of the journey. We look forward to having you on board!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .