Senior Data Analyst
29 days ago
Level up your career with MobilityWare, one of mobile gaming’s leading publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a brand-new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time.
Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the second year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all of our team members.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will work on the monetization ad tech product team and utilizing your passion for analytics in conjunction with your advertising expertise. You will also drive analysis and new ad tech products leading to increased yield and performance of advertising in our games. Additionally, you will be a key stakeholder when it comes to strategic objectives and initiatives for several critical ad monetization projects.
Other responsibilities include mentoring other analysts to increase their analytical prowess utilizing cutting edge technologies and methodologies along with growing the domain knowledge within the mobile advertising ecosystem.
- Help lead cross-functional projects using advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities
- Build, develop, and maintain data reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Help oversee all analysis and optimizations when it comes to advertising in our games
- Develop KPIs, metrics, and reporting which leads to actionable product and marketing insights relating to consumer behavior, game engagement, and in-game interactions related to ad performance
- Organize and drive successful completion of data projects through effective management of data analysts and effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Key stakeholder when it comes to communication cross functionally with engineering, product and marketing
- BA/BS degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar analytical role, preferably for a technology or gaming company
- 2+ years of ad tech or yield optimizations
- Experience working with business teams to identify and define projects
- Experience using SQL and querying large, complex data sets, manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Excellent communication, presentation, and visual reporting skills
- Experienced with Scrum, JIRA techniques for work organization and delivery
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis knowledge of Tableau is a plus
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and profit-sharing incentives around a 401K.
- Annual, all-inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations includeHawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, and Las Vegas. In 2022 we went to Los Cabos!
- In the office, we offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing, and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of MobilityWare’ s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. The pay range annual base salary for this role is $130,000-$175,000.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.