Senior Data Analyst
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
9 days ago
Studio Data and Insights - Sports HD
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD :
As a Senior Analyst, you will analyze behavior, sentiment, and network performance data to improve the player experience and inform feature investment for our FIFA console and PC games. You should be a sharp, curious, and analytical individual who has a passion for diving into data. Your insights will influence product quality to drive improved acquisition, retention, and monetization via partnerships with product producers, technical experts, analytics experts and data scientists around the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support game development and product quality strategies through fact-based data-driven insights and analysis.
- Evaluate network performance and uncover opportunities to improve gameplay responsiveness.
- Review player sentiment and survey data to convey the player experience to development teams.
- Partner to develop requirements for dashboards, data cubes, and reports for stakeholders.
- Examine data for correlations and extract patterns beyond what would be achievable with univariate analyses.
- Assess the impact of feature or network related adjustments to determine if expected improvements have been achieved.
- Lead or represent analytics delivery via weekly meetings.
- Teach power users how to optimize the use of dashboards.
- Build and run advanced data mining models.
- Build interactive and real time dashboards.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- At least 3 years of relevant hands on analyst experience, preferably in gaming, banking, consulting, telecom or retail.
- Expert SQL skills including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Intermediate experience with a data visualization software package, e.g. Tableau.
- Intermediate experience with a statistical software package and language, e.g. Python or R.
- Expert knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, charts, and advanced formulas for data manipulation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet deadlines for simultaneous projects.
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Experience in the following would be highly beneficial, but not must haves:
- Network performance analysis of online services (e.g. games, on demand streaming)
- Survey or sentiment analysis
- Advanced analytics approaches like machine learning, optimization and simulation
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences.
- Passion for videogames is preferred.
- Passion for sports a plus.
Location: Burnaby, BC