Senior Data Analyst - Marketing Analytics (12m FTC)
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As a data-rich company, we are continuing to strengthen the analytics functions. We are now looking for a proactive, results-orientated Senior Data Analyst within the Marketing Analytics team. You will be part of a team of developers & analysts, delivering data solutions with a focus on advancing the democratisation of data and data literacy across the global marketing function.
Over the last 5 years the team has built our own Marketing Intelligence platform delivering key analysis and insights to the organisation about our market, PlayStation players behaviours and product choices. This role will be vital in leveraging this data and driving content on the platform to provide the holistic view of the player to our users.
This role will focus initially on 3 objectives:
- Building a content roadmap that focuses on providing the marketing department a comprehensive view of player behaviour on PlayStation products/services.
- The development of this content focussing on automation and high-quality visualisations. Including taking ownership of content already on our data platform, ensuring alignment with any future projects to reduce duplication and effort.
- Aim to build a culture of self service through development best practices and engaging with our users around the department.
You will work closely with global & local marketing teams to deliver on the above objectives. You will need to collaborate strongly with analysts/developers within the Marketing Analytics team and around the organisation to align on best practices and ultimately provide greater support to the business.
You will be expected to follow three team values within your role, which are:
- Saving time by accelerating time to discovery for our users.
- Building trust through transparent processes and strong relationships with our community.
- Delivering educational content & coaching users of the analytics platform to make the most of the data products offered by the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Several years of experience in data analytics and 2 years in marketing related analytics work
- Relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics degree with a focus in analytics/data.
- Relentlessly high standards, with a great sense of ownership over your work
Data Product Experience
- Considerable experience working with one of Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx or any data analysis tool is essential.
- Competent with data processing & modelling, utilising best practices within their work.
- A strong understanding of SQL. Experience of working with Snowflake is preferable.
- A great understanding of software features and the ability to see opportunities to educate the team on how to apply such features.
Communication & Networking Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and analysis both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to tailor the communication according to different stakeholder audiences and cultures across the business.
- Build strong relationships across the company with other data/analytics communities.
- Good project management skills, with the ability to own and implement a roadmap that balances multiple time pressured projects.
- Agile trained and confident working within a team practising Agile methods.
- A self-starter with the capacity to exercise initiative and creativity appropriately, make informed decisions and to request guidance when necessary.
- Collaborative nature. Strong planning and organisation skills with the experience to develop solutions with business experts including working cross-functionally with teams such as Sales and Operations.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café/on site bar
- Free soft drinks
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.