Senior Data Analyst - EA CTO PI&E
13 days ago
Senior Data Analyst - EA CTO PI&E
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our games are played everywhere in the world, in countries as diverse as the USA, Germany, Russia, Brazil, South Korea, China, and the Emirates, on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s, etc.) and support different business models (digital downloads, PDLC, F2P, subscriptions.)
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Product Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) group is part of the CTO organization and is the foundation on which EA’s games are built and operate. PI&E builds and operates a broad platform of infrastructure services that powers games and enables game development across EA’s global ecosystem Our team’s charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, core services, and studio services. Additionally, we aim to enable developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that enable rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we partner across EA to drive infrastructure cost efficiency and infrastructure optimization.
As a senior data analyst, you will charter new approaches to analyze the data and influence the business with high impact. You will collaborate across different teams including Infrastructure Optimization, Engineering, Studios, PMO, Operations, and Finance, to drive data-driven decisions. You will be responsible for developing metrics, reporting, and analysis in support of the platform.
This role requires that individuals have deep analytical abilities paired with strategic acumen, strong communication skills, and comfort levels working with technology teams.
Within the PI&E Infrastructure Optimization team, you will support the Infrastructure Capacity Management team who is responsible for developing, deploying, and ingraining best practices throughout the organization related to cloud and on-prem infrastructure capacity planning such as cloud and on-prem infrastructure capacity management process, systems, metrics, reporting, or training - building “infrastructure” for the team. You have strong influencing and customer service skills, are comfortable navigating ambiguity, collaborating with multiple teams, and building strong relationships with stakeholders.
Your work in modeling business scenarios or tracking utilization across teams, spend drivers, will be incorporated by Infrastructure Optimization in the build-out of systems, tools, and platforms. More specifically, you will be tasked with building forecasts, utilization forecasts, capacity models, and reporting infrastructures.
You will gather insights into infrastructure forecast and consumption patterns across hundreds of internal customers, and synthesize and deliver these findings in QBRs and presentations.
- Research new ways of modeling data to unlock actionable procurement, capacity utilization, and capacity efficiency insights and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Establish the processes needed to achieve business operational excellence in all areas to improve visibility and transparency of infrastructure efficiency and capacity optimization.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Envision, develop, and deploy procurement, capacity efficiency, resource utilization analytics solutions to streamline processes that will lead to efficiency gains and improvement of key metrics.
- Define, lead, and project manage by bringing together/interpreting internal and external data to produce insightful findings matched to business requirements.
- Create dashboards and reports to make KPIs and OKRs data available for different stakeholders and provide analytical decision-making support for key projects.
Background and technical skills:
- Advanced SQL skills including experience querying complex data sets.
- 7+ years of relevant hands-on analytical experience, with the ability to manage the analytical process and translate the findings from the data into recommendations for our partners.
- Undergrad/Graduate Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or Engineering Sciences preferred.
- Experience in data mining, statistical computing, and data visualization (Knowledge of tools like R, Tableau, Python, etc.).
- Strong business operations acumen with an understanding of decision support models, business operations research, capacity planning.
- Experience with data visualization using Snowflake, Looker, or similar tools.
- Experience sourcing, integrating and managing big data from multiple systems.
- Experience leveraging statistical tools & methods and utilizing data science tools (machine learning models, etc.) to develop insights and predictive models.
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated strengths working across groups.
- usually see challenges as opportunities
- are independent and committed to seeing your projects until the end and you always push for great quality work
- know that details are important, but you always keep in mind the full context
- have a clear desire for continuous growth and active investment in own learning
- want to meet a global and diverse group of colleagues coming from different backgrounds
...we would be happy to meet you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.