This job might no longer be available.
Senior Data Analyst, Battle.net & Online Products
Austin, TX, United States
5 months ago
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ passionate engineers, program managers, and designers focused on technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our group of enthusiastic, talented, genuine, fun and data-driven individuals. You will help us understand the behavior and needs of our players as they use our apps, websites and games. By diving into our data, you’ll be able to deliver insights, analyses and recommendations to our global teams to help inform decision making and shape long-term project strategies. The ideal candidate for the role is passionate about quantitative research, able to extract trends from large amounts of information, and effective at communicating findings verbally and visually to the team.
We’re more than just a gaming company; we’re an entertainment company. Help us create the most epic experiences ever.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Evaluate the overall performance and health of Battle.net & Online Application, Social and Platform Products
- Understand the impact of B&OP Products on engagement and gameplay
- Collect and analyze data using our in-house data storage systems as well as Google Analytics
- Help aggregate, organize, and visualize data through analytics dashboards, using specialized tools like Tableau
- Partner with program management, design, and engineering leads to define KPIs and analytics strategy for new and existing products
- Create, maintain and propagate custom and recurring analytics reports delivering insights on user behavior, product performance and feature success
- Define cohorts of users and analyze their behavior
- Plan and execute predictive modelling
- Present your findings to teams, stakeholders and executives to help support decision-making
- Work with a cross-functional team to coordinate tracking tag implementation
- Troubleshoot data issues related to tracking and reporting
- Advocate for the use of data in project execution across Battle.net & Online Products
- Help establish standards and processes to ensure the integrity of our data across Battle.net & Online Products
- Partner with QA team to perform tests on new analytics tagging, define and implement regression testing, monitor key metrics in production, report and track bugs
- Participate in multivariate and A/B testing projects from hypothesis creation, success metrics definition and project documentation to test analysis reporting
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience Data Analytics
- Strong experience working with data using SQL
- Strong experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience building and evaluating machine learning or statistical models
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience in one or more of the following tools: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, WebTrends, CoreMetrics, etc.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, with a passion for digging into data to identify key trends, results and critical outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and effectively communicate findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfortable working at all levels of the organization, including with team leadership and executive teams, as well as across multiple functions and disciplines
- Exposure to project management skills and business process redesign principles, tools, and techniques
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- Experience with Statistics and Data Science
- Experience with Hadoop, Teradata, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing tools such as Google Website Optimizer, Adobe Target, Optimizely, etc.
- Passion for gaming, and for Blizzard games and products in particular
Required Application Materials:Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences‚ ever. Join us!