Senior Data Analyst, Accounting
11 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What you’ll do
As our Senior Data Analyst, you will primarily be responsible for supporting the data requirements of our finance and accounting functions. You'll work in a cross-functional team environment under the direction of the Revenue Accounting Manager with support and direction from the Analytics Business Intelligence Director. In addition to other responsibilities, you will own and optimize processes and programming logic needed to capture, transform, maintain, and validate the quality of both internally and externally sourced data that is critical in our financial and accounting processes, including revenue recognition.
In this role, you will
- Lead efforts related to data maintenance, reporting, analysis, and automation/process improvements in order to support the data needs of the revenue team and broader finance function
- Work with analytics, finance teams, engineering, and platform partners to maintain and regularly validate and/or update APIs, data sources, and programming logic for key reports utilized in revenue recognition prior to month end close
- Design and implement processes to track, maintain, and validate underlying data utilized in mass payment calculations (e.g., EGS Support-A-Creator) in order to support external audit and month end close requirements
- Analyze and troubleshoot identified external and internal data or coding issues
- Design, optimize, and configure data maintenance processes and reports to present required information in a complete and accurate manner on a timely basis with a sufficient audit trail
- Collaborate across the business to proactively identify changes in data needs and/or new data requirements arising as a result of changes in the business and lead efforts to design and implement solutions
- Support VAT and sales tax data administration and processes, including collaboration with the Tax and Finance teams
- Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts related to data management process improvements, including collaboration with the financial systems and engineering teams on process improvement initiatives
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 3+ years experience in the software QA or analytics and data management related role
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and contributing to the refinement of processes, controls, and overall organizational structure
- Must have experience and proficiency with SQL, Tableau, SAS/SPSS a plus
- Comfortable working with complex data sets, systems, and processes
- Expert in Excel (macros, pivot tables and functions like index/match)
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work both independently with limited supervision, as well as in a team environment
- Comfortable communicating identified process gaps or data inaccuracies to management
- Logical thinker with strong analytical, problem solving & investigative skills.
- Passion for both games and analytics
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts or supplemental accounting experience preferred
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.