Senior Data Analyst, Academic and Nonprofit
21 days ago
The Senior Data Analyst in Unity’s Academic & Nonprofit department will lead data extraction, synthesis, interpretation, and communication to drive improvements in academic products. Specifically, you will own the work on analyzing existing data sets from across Unity, as well as identifying and ingesting new data from the products we offer to the market and the Unity Learn platform, that will lead to deep customer insights.
Do you enjoy exploring user behavior data, discovering insights, and generating testable hypotheses to feed into agile product development? We would love for you to bring that passion to this role, along with an ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate with our team, and apply all the data-crunching tools from your toolset!
The Academic & Nonprofit department is responsible for the development of products and programs designed to help future creators in Real-time 3D. Our mission is to empower the creators of the future with the skills and opportunities they need to be successful, especially those from communities currently underrepresented in real-time industries.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify, extract, and transform data from multiple distributed systems
- Handle all data manipulations and daily reporting needs for the team - including user acquisition, churn and engagement data
- Develop dashboards and reports with clear insights to guide future action
- Help identify features and work with the product team to facilitate potential A/B tests using best statistical practices.
- Articulate and measure multifactorial user segments and cohorts, including those based on our student and educator personas
What we’re looking for
- Experience in an analytical role and a track record of successful application of diverse analytical methodologies
- Experience measuring and generating insights related to user engagement and retention using cohort-based analysis for a high-traffic, consumer-facing web application
- Strong SQL Skills and familiarity with BigQuery preferred
- Experience with data visualization tools including Data Studio, and Looker
- Comfortable with change management, Version control and code repository collaboration using Git
You might also have
- Experience with predictive modeling techniques and accomplished in use of statistical software packages such as R, SAS or Python machine learning modules
- Experience with Python a strong plus
- Interest or experience in the eLearning field and the measurement of skill acquisition
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.