Senior Crowds Artist
Toronto Ontario Canada
3 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. This approach has helped us in curbing the cost of licensed software and build an opportunity to invest in additional artistic and programming talent.
Tangent Animation strives to find solid team players that thrive on collaboration and community commitment to build open source capabilities. Tangent Animation is currently recruiting for experienced Senior Crowd Artists to work collaboratively with our studio team.
As a Senior Crowd Artist, you will be working with a team of crowd animators in bringing life to background characters and crowd cycles for our animation projects. We are looking for people who enjoy working with a team, who have a strong creative and technical skillset. Someone with an understanding of the animation production pipeline and with the ability to produce quality work that fits into the creative scope of the show.
- Demonstrate experience with creating and implementing crowds for anywhere from several characters to several thousand characters, as well as problem solving issues that arise during shot production
- Interpret verbal direction and visual reference to understand the story context and aesthetic objectives of crowds
- Participate in the review process and quality control and apply changes as requested by the Supervisors/ Production team
- Support integration of crowds into other department’s workflows and collaborate with them to ensure deliverables meet requirements
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, as set by the Production department and the Supervisors
- Maintain positive, supportive and collaborative team dynamics
- 3+ years of industry experience with crowd sim in features, television, games or equivalent
- Demonstrate an ability to create complex shots from scratch that match leica reels, along with the ability to apply notes from the Director and Art Director on movement, positioning, performance, and entity variation.
- Completed post-secondary education in relevant field
- Proficiency with crowd digital content creation applications or plug-ins
- Proficiency with scripting languages, (i.e. Python, Lua, etc.) C/C++ is a plus
- Knowledge of animation principles
- Able to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Able to take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Able to troubleshoot, solve problems and find workarounds as appropriate
- Strong communication skills
- Strong composition and artistic timing
- Experience with Shotgun Software is a plus
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
Interested candidates to share the link to their demo reels, along with their resume.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted