Senior Creative Writer
4 days ago
Every day, tens of millions of people from around the world come to Roblox to play, learn, work, and socialize in immersive digital experiences created by the community. Our vision is to build a platform that enables shared experiences among billions of users. This is what’s known as the metaverse: a persistent space where anyone can do just about anything they can imagine, from anywhere in the world and on any device. Join us and you’ll usher in a new category of human interaction while solving exceptional challenges that you won’t find anywhere else.
Roblox is seeking a Senior Creative Writer to lead the development of our brand voice and messaging across multiple touchpoints, including web, video, and blog posts. This is a hands-on role that's pivotal to delivering storytelling at scale, raising the bar across both traditional and digital creative deliverables. You will partner with the creative team and business partners, to provide a vision, define scope, develop timelines, facilitate reviews and communication, and ensure projects are delivered to specifications. You have exceptional writing, editing and concepting skills and a high-level of attention to detail .
- Enhance the overall Roblox brand by regularly producing long- and short-form assets across all marketing channels, including web pages, video scripts, blog posts, and social media, while also ensuring that our voice and tone are consistent with brand guidelines.
- You'll investigate and develop new content creation models to increase creative velocity.
- Partner with team members and marketers to clarify requirements and deliverables when there is ambiguity.
- You will lead the content editing process with internal stakeholders.
- Facilitate project-related team meetings (i.e., kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews), and you will communicate action steps to the broader team.
- Ensure the highest standards are achieved and processes are optimized.
- You will report directly to the Global Head of Creative.
- Experienced: you have at least 10+ years of professional writing and editing experience with a bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- A conceptual storyteller: you enjoy coming up with strategic and creative content that's rooted in good storytelling. That means being able to translate business and technical jargon into content that's fresh, well-structured, and expertly written.
- Craft-obsessed: you place a high value on crafting your work, focusing on quality over quantity. You have a keen eye for detail and take pride in your impeccable writing style.
- A team player: you're comfortable working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, taking feedback and direction gracefully. You know how to manage multiple projects while still delivering high-quality work
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.