Senior Creative, Apex Legends
11 days ago
Our Marketing Team at large exists to tell the story of Electronic Arts and expand the positive power of play. This encompasses all our amazing games and experiences, including The Sims, Madden NFL, FIFA, Apex Legends, Battlefield 2042, and It Takes Two (Game of the Year, 2021). At the forefront of building meaningful relationships with our players around the world, we're a multi-functional group motivated by social purpose and inclusive values. We develop the strategic vision of our products, run world class multi-channel campaigns, implement creative global engagement across all touch points, and make sure our brand is awesome everywhere we show up.
As a Senior Creative on Apex, you will report to the Creative Director, and partner with members of the Creative Team, Studio, Brand, Marcom Strategy, Communications teams. In the past four years, Apex Legends has grown to become one of the biggest FPS games in the world. Millions of people play, watch, read, create and work with our Legends everyday, in and out of game. This is an opportunity to join the creative team as we expand Apex into more markets and more platforms.
- Partner and collaborate with Respawn studio writers and animators to develop compelling seasonal creative
- Write and refine long form (3 - 5 min) pieces of original animated film
- Direct voice actors, external production partners, and composers with clear creative direction
- Pitch creative work through the lens of insights, both business and cultural. You can present why an idea is right for this audience, at this time and in this place
- Partner with marcom strategy, brand marketing and channel analysts to develop and refine ideas based on insights and strategies.
- Collaborate with our channel teams to develop and support creative on their platforms
- Knowledge of and Interest in Creator Culture and Gaming Community Platforms (Twitch, Discord, Reddit, YouTube).
- 4+ years as a writer within a creative agency, entertainment brand or as a screenwriter
- Work samples in the form of writing from scripts or finished short-form (3-5 min) films
- Experience with writing for social media campaigns
- Full 360 campaign writing experience (print, social, TV, experiential, etc.)
- A storyteller with an understanding of cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
- Experience with design or art direction and ability to put together decks to tell a story
- Experience guiding creativity that inspires creative activations and content across a variety of media
- Experience turning insights into fresh ideas
- You have a love for the rich mythology and culture around entertainment storytelling
- You believe that 'collaboration' isn't a buzzword, it's the only way to get to creative and insightful work
- You know that great ideas come from anywhere and you have the stories and experiences to prove it
- You enjoy an environment where creativity is fluid, reactive, and changes often
- You love stories in all their shapes and sizes: big stories that unfold over years and little stories that happen in seconds
- You love writing characters and their stories, no matter what the genre
US COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES:
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $95,450 - $141,800
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): $89,200 - $141,800
- Jersey City, NJ: $105,250 - $141,800
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $89,200 - $118,550
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): $89,200 - $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.