1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Be part of Epic’s global, multi-specialized team of attorneys and legal professionals as you’ll partner across our organization to provide legal solutions, consult and inform what we build and develop for our people, players and customers around the world.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for senior counsel with experience in games, media and entertainment to support Epic Games’ subsidiary studio, MediaTonic. In this role, you will be responsible for providing world class legal support and management advice to a very successful, dynamic, and fast paced video game and software development enterprise. The ideal candidate will require strong initiative and sound judgment, with the ability to work independently in a creative and disruptive industry. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups is a must.
In this role, you will
- Support and advise MediaTonic in all aspects of its business, including working with production, marketing and commercial contracting teams, summarizing and communicating legal concepts for business use
- Draft, review and negotiate a high-volume of commercial agreements, for a variety of third-party contractual relationships
- Be the first point of contact for any Fall Guys (and other MediaTonic games) content, marketing and general legal questions and find creative answers and solutions for such.
- In collaboration with other product counsel, support and train MediaTonic creative and marketing teams, to provide them with the legal tools necessary to create and market our games
- Ensure overall agreement with Epic's business needs, policies and risk tolerance
- Anticipate and support the continuous improvement of Epic and MediaTonic's legal processes
- Keep up to date on the video game industry including general legal issues surrounding this and other disruptive industries
What we’re looking for
- J.D. and active state bar membership (or non-US equivalent)
- 3-5 years relevant experience, with a focus on intellectual property, marketing and consumer protection laws
- Business friendly judgment; excited about building consensus with cross functional stakeholders
- Comfortable with a dynamic, fast-paced environment, using organizational skills to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience in an international environment is a plus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.