Senior Counsel, Privacy and Data Security
Austin, TX, United States
5 days ago
Unity is a software company that is on the forefront of 3d technology. In this role, you will have an opportunity to shape data compliance with engineers creating these technical advances and leave your mark on the next big thing. Working with product and IP attorneys you will provide expertise in data ethics and privacy by design. You will get to opine on the latest issues in privacy law, like how do we address potential bias in machine learning when training self-driving cars. You will work to systematically reduce risk to consumers’ privacy by assuring adherence to our policies, procedures and principles. If you are a lawyer who likes to hang out with and advise engineers, this is a perfect fit for you. We are looking for someone who is knowledgeable in AR/VR and machine learning technologies.
- Conducting Privacy Impact Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Assuring consumer protection features are built into products and properly documented for compliance audits
- Reviewing policies and procedures, recommending changes when appropriate
- Working with corporate attorneys to advise on data protection language in contracts
- Working with security to assure adherence to security policies and standards for product releases
- Working to review potential acquisition targets and assisting with privacy aspects of integrating acquired companies
- CIPP Certification/Qualification to Practice Law, including bar admission
- Deep experience in data privacy and data security
- Experience creating and implementing policies and procedures to systematically manage risks to consumer privacy
- Team player attitude and a sense of humor
- Experience advising on AR/VR technology and Machine Learning
- Solutions oriented
- Computer Science or Data Science background
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.