Senior Corporate Counsel
20 days ago
Senior Corporate Counsel - Legal Team
Scopely is looking for a Senior Corporate Counsel to join our Legal Team in Culver City on a hybrid basis.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
The Legal team provides legal and business-related advice, negotiates deals, reviews and drafts contracts, administers intellectual properties, and manages acquisitions and litigation.
What You Will Do
This role is a crucial part of the Legal team, focusing on strategic legal transactions and corporate governance in the U.S. and internationally. Responsibilities include:
- Identify, frame and drive resolution on a range of inter-company matters for Scopely and its domestic and international subsidiaries, including driving legal entity formation, overseeing subsidiary management, and drafting and maintaining inter-company agreements
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders on corporate governance and administration, including preparing corporate materials and resolutions, managing local subsidiary filings, maintaining and administering corporate records and working with local outside counsel on discrete corporate projects related to ex-US entities
- Support M&A transactions, including reviewing and evaluating potential acquisition targets, assisting in due diligence review, drafting and negotiating definitive agreements, partnering and overseeing outside counsel, and facilitating M&A integration projects
- Draft, manage and negotiate a wide variety of complex agreements related to potential investment opportunities
- Advise on the creation of internal corporate policies and US and international corporate governance frameworks across the business
- Provide strategic advice, support and creative solutions to executive compensation, employee long-term incentive and compensation, accounting, communications, HR, tax, and finance teams.)
What We’re Looking For
- JD with excellent credentials; admission to CA Bar
- 5+ years of experience practicing corporate law, with experience in general corporate transactions, entity management, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance
- Top tier law firm experience or mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to provide clear and sound legal advice, exercise good business judgment and work collaboratively with other attorneys and cross-functional teams at all levels (including senior management)
- Commitment to integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to act with discretion and sensitivity
- Strong project management skills and the ability to proactively drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player mindset (no job is too big or too small)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, editing and document preparation skills, and high attention to detail
For candidates in CA, CO, NJ, NY and WA, the annual salary range is $ 139,600- $234,500 , plus equity, bonus and benefits including healthcare benefits, retirement benefits, pet insurance, paid holidays, paid Scopely free days, and unlimited paid time-off. Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience .
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.