Core Engineer - Treyarch
22 days ago
Job Title:Core Engineer - Treyarch
Treyarch, the studio behind the best-selling Call of Duty: Black Ops franchise, is looking for a talent Core Engineer to join our team to be a key contributor in developing our technology for future titles. In this role you will be focused on improving upon the performance of our games and working to enhance our content creators' workflow, ensuring we're able to deliver the quality expected from a Treyarch game. A successful Senior Core Engineer will also be a great teammate, and be flexible with the day-to-day needs of the project.
What you’ll do…
- Be part of the Core Engine Team in developing innovative new technology for our future games
- Work on the whole content pipeline, from level editing to the game
- Analyse, improve, optimize, and debug existing engine technology and tools
- Write and maintain efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Work with other disciplines to achieve the game’s feature and performance goals
To succeed you should have…
- 3 years or more experience working in the video game or a related industry as an Engineer
- Experience with Console and PC APIs and tools
- Fluent in modern C++ and multi-threaded programming
- Communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Work well in a diverse team environment
We’d love it if you also have…
- Shipped at least 1 commercial title – a 60Hz FPS is a plus
- Strong understanding of modern computer architecture
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Python or other scripting languages
- Solid public speaking skills
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.