Senior Content Designer
7 days ago
Vela Games is looking for a talented Senior Content Designer to help build our New Multiplayer Game.
At Vela we love video games of every type, but we know that multiplayer, when done well, has a special ability to bring people together. Unforgettable moments are created through the power of playing together. It allows players to keep in touch with old friends regardless of distance, and to forge new friendships that will last lifetimes. Vela was created with these moments in mind, and our focus every day is thinking about how we can create impactful gaming experiences that inspire gamers around the world to play and win collectively.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating a great game for players.
Can you create content that engages the player and keeps them coming back for more? Excite them with new encounters and items? Join us and you'll help shape the content of Project-V.
The role is comprehensive and you should prepare to take on many different kinds of tasks, ranging from content tools to objectives and activity designs. Together with our development team you will help the world come alive with experiences.
If this sounds like you, please apply, we would love to speak with you!
What You Will Do:
- Be part of the team in creating content that ranges everything in the game from characters and items to encounters.
- Work with engineers to develop a comprehensive tool set to prototype and iterate quickly on ideas.
- Work with gameplay engineers to create solutions across all forms of content.
- Ability to pitch design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal communication.
- Break down player experiences thoroughly to identify and improve key moments in the player experience.
- A number of years of industry experience creating enjoyable experiences for players to engage in.
- Can design complex encounters with attention to long term impacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scripting in a successfully shipped game.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent comprehension of what makes encounters and items fun.
- Ability to think logically and break down complex problems, with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Experience working on a live product.
- Experience building content, and items with Unreal Engine.
- Design experience on coop games.
At Vela Games we are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected & valued. We continue to create a culture where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive in a fully inclusive environment. Diversity & Inclusion is embedded in everything we do and we are dedicated to creating a unique and welcoming environment to all who apply and ultimately join our team!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to transition to full time in Dublin, Ireland at a later date. We Appreciate each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.