This job might no longer be available.
Senior Content Designer, Activities - Diablo IV
28 days ago
Job Title:Senior Content Designer, Activities - Diablo IV
The minions of Hell grow stronger! The Diablo IV team is looking for a Senior Content Designer to join our Activities team who has an interest in creating compelling scripted repeatable content to help bring the world of Sanctuary to life as never seen before.
You will work closely with the development team to design and implement a variety of activities and challenges that keep players invested in the game's world long after they have completed the main storyline. Your creative vision and attention to detail will contribute to the overall success of Diablo IV and the satisfaction of its player community.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA, Austin, TX or Albany, NY.
- Design and develop engaging and repeatable end-game activities, challenges, and experiences that provide long-lasting entertainment for players.
- Conceptualize and create a wide range of activities, events, and challenges that offer diverse gameplay experiences.
- Collaborate with the game balancing team to ensure that end-game activities are challenging, rewarding, and provide a sense of accomplishment without being overly frustrating.
- Collaborate with other designers, artists, producers, and engineers to bring your activity designs to life and ensure they fit seamlessly into our world.
- Own the design vision of your content while also driving iteration based on feedback from your team, leadership, and the broader studio.
- Create and maintain detailed design documents and scripting for activities to facilitate effective communication with cross-functional teams.
What you bring:
- 5 years of professional experience in game design, with a strong focus on end-game content design and activities.
- A deep understanding of the Diablo franchise and a strong passion for the series, with a clear vision of how end-game content should align with the franchise's identity.
- Proven track record to think creatively and develop unique, engaging, and fun gameplay experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Strong understanding of analytics, project management, video game development, and problem-solving skills
- Desire to contribute to a positive, creatively driven, highly collaborative, and inclusive work environment.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Diablo 4's end game
- Strong familiarity with text-based scripting languages; preferably LUA
- Strong understanding of isometric ARPG gameplay
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — specifically, within the gothic dark fantasy of Diablo
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 - $149,400.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.