Senior Concept Artist
15 days ago
In order to continue delivering high quality and innovative game play we are looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team based at Ubisoft Abu Dhabi to work on a new unannounced project.
The Senior Concept Artist is responsible for creating terrific concepts and 2D artworks to define the look, mood and the style of environments, characters and other assets of our game worlds. Therefore, your role is to conceptualize, design, and create 2D artwork, mood paintings and detailed production concepts for game development. Versatility for creating iconography, marketing assets and UI elements will be also appreciated and considered for this role.
Further responsibilities include:
- Creating environment mood paintings and illustrations as well as detailed production concepts.
- Creating character designs, illustrations and production character concepts.
- Ensure that concepts are suitable for the production needs of the other departments.
- Occasionally supporting UI department with the creation of art assets needed.
- Close collaboration with the Lead Artist to work within the visual style of the game.
- Provide support and advice for art team members, constantly sharing your art knowledge to grow together.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Concept Artist in game development.
- Exceptional knowledge of next gen asset creation for mobile workflows with the ability to modify and improve them.
- Very strong skills in Photoshop with style versatility, from stylized to realistic.
- A keen eye for composition, color, lighting and mood.
- Deep knowledge in human anatomy, creatures, architecture and rendering.
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style.
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time.
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.