Senior Concept Artist
12 days ago
Senior Concept Artist
Torn Banner Studios are looking for a talented concept artist to help us make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original, and support it and future titles. Join our small independent studio of around 40 developers in Toronto and help build the future of our company.
As a Senior Concept Artist at a small independent studio, you’ll have a wide range of responsibilities from creating art to communicating with production, facilitating feedback and working with leads to execute the vision for the games we make.
- Creation of high-quality concept art to develop the visuals and guide the production of current and future titles.
- Produce designs for environments, characters, props and other aspects of the game while matching the given visual style, theme and tone.
- Work closely with artists, level designers and leads to bring the concepts to life, providing feedback to help the team realize your designs and solve new problems as they arise.
- An exceptional portfolio of work that exemplifies the creation of high-quality concept art.
- 3+ years of professional game development experience as a concept artist.
- Expert knowledge of game concept art development processes, from initial research, sketches and blue-sky concepting to the creation of final, well-developed and refined pieces.
- Excellent knowledge of art and design principles.
- Ability to provide an in-depth critique.
- Ability to receive feedback and iterate as required.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Personally motivated.
- English speaking.
- Passion for the medieval era and melee combat.
- Experience with 3D software, such as Blender, Maya or zBrush.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Shipped at least one AAA title.
- Willingness to move to Toronto or authorized to work in Canada.
Portfolio and résumé required for any application.
Benefits & Perks
- 4.5 weeks Paid vacation
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits
We're the studio behind the hit franchise Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. At Torn Banner we understand that long, hard hours are not conducive to being a happy, healthy person. Combine this idea with a flat studio structure and profit sharing and you've got ideals that promote a positive, low stress environment to help us create awesome games. As a small team of developers, each individual has a huge impact on the final product that we put out, so we put emphasis on being open with each other, giving/receiving critical feedback, and not letting an false sense of authority cloud our vision. The more eyes and input that we have from different disciplines and personality types, the better our releases will be.