This job might no longer be available.
Senior Concept Artist
2 months ago
Obsidian Entertainment seeks a Concept Artist to collaborate with a team of like-minded and talented creatives to conceive of inspired characters, environments, props, and other gameplay elements in our award-winning Pillars of Eternity universe.
- Work closely with the Art Director and other invested creatives to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Coordinate with a small group of artists to develop consistent and engaging ideas for other artists to build
- Create concepts of characters, environments, props, and events based on input from Art and Design leadership
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions
- Complete quality work under established and agreed upon deadlines
- Mentoring and providing feedback to junior and intermediate artists
- 5+ years of game development experience with at least 2 shipped projects
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills using Photoshop CS as a concept artist
- Working knowledge of design, architecture, human and animal anatomy, composition, perspective, color theory, and lighting
- Receptive to art direction and critiques from project leadership and team members
- Experience with any 3D DCC tools like Maya, 3dsMax, Blender, SketchUp, etc.
- An interest in contemporary fantasy
- Strong knowledge of the Pillars of Eternity universe
- Storyboard experience
- Background in Architecture, VFX, Photography or Cinematography
- Experience working in a strike-team environment
- A web portfolio that demonstrates concept development skill in the following areas: Environments, Characters and Creatures, Weapons and Props
- User Interface concepts
- VFX Concepts
- Graphic icons
- Graphic design examples
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications.