This job might no longer be available.
Senior Concept Artist [Unannounced Project] (358)
Royal Leamington Spa England gb
6 months ago
Develop complex artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
- Establish the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
- Effectively communicate complex visual intentions to the wider art team;
- Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- In-depth Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
- Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Strong observation and research skills;
- Strong knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
- Solid digital illustration skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop;
- Good working knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in concept art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Has shipped at least 1 game as a concept artist; preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft Leamington has been a member of the Ubisoft family since January 2017 and has collaborated on Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Far Cry 5 and Starlink: Battle For Atlas. Currently comprised of a 70-strong team, the studio is a solid and experienced group supported by a mix of veteran developers and promising young talent. Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Ubisoft Leamington is at the heart of a thriving destination for UK game developers.