Senior Concept Artist - SUMO INDIA
9 days ago
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Within this role you will:
- This position is purely hands-on creation of concept pieces to drive the direction of a project and help communicate the Project Art Director’s stylistic vision throughout the team.
- Responsible for creating new ideas whilst maintaining the artistic vision of the Project Art Director.
- Maintaining quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team.
We need you to have:
- Able to work in multiple artistic styles.
- High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail.
- Excellent composition, lighting and color theory skills and appreciation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-initiating, confident approach to their work;
- Keen understanding of cultural influences beyond games; movies, books, TV, comics etc.
- Ideas generation and iteration.
- High quality illustrative pieces.
- Demonstrable talent across all concept disciplines, figurative, environment and object work.
We'd also ideally like you to have (although it's not a deal breaker):
- Shipped at least one AAA title.
- 3D modelling and rendering.
- Experience working in film, TV, publishing
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.