Senior Concept Artist [New IP] (456)
8 days ago
As a Senior Concept Artist at Ubisoft Reflections studio you will develop complex artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
What will you do?
- Establish the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
- Effectively communicate complex visual intentions to the wider art team.
What will you bring?
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- In-depth Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
- Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Strong observation and research skills;
- Strong knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
- Solid digital illustration skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop;
- Good working knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- Previous career experience working as a Concept Artist or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of graphic design, art or other similar topic gained from practical work experience or academic studies;
- It is desirable if you have shipped at least 1 game as a concept artist; preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Benefits & Relocation
We’re offering flexible working with some remote work available, 25 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown (usually 3 days), private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and excellent relocation support, should you need it!
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Code of Conduct
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.