This job might no longer be available.
Senior Concept Artist (Environment) - DICE
18 days ago
We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars™: Battlefront franchise, and Mirror's Edge. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. That's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we all work towards a common cause.
We're looking for a Senior Concept Artist, with a passion for world building, to join our team of content creators and help push our creations to the next level. As a Senior Concept Artist at DICE, you will report to the project Art Director, or Lead, and help them realize their creative vision by illustrating and communicating an inspiring visual direction for our artists. You will join a team of passionate creative professionals who love to learn and push their craft and imagination to new heights.
- Help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art - from sketches to paintings, storyboards, mood boards and paint-overs to support art, design, gameplay and storytelling.
- Create narratively rich and inspiring environments and characters.
- Create style guides for outsourcing briefs and support our vendors with base material for them to work from.
- Seek feedback on your work and give feedback to other artists in your team.
- Contribute to a collaborative, service minded and learning culture.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 8+ years of experience as a Concept Artist in the video games or film industry.
- An artistic eye and broad knowledge of visual media and various techniques.
- A comprehensive knowledge of composition, perspective, color theory, anatomy, real-world materials, and lighting.
- Intermediate knowledge regarding typography and graphic design.
- Experience with at least one 3D software package to use 3D as a foundation for paint work and pre-viz.
- A basic understanding of game engines.