Senior Concept Artist - Assassin’s Creed [VR] for the Oculus platform (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
6 days ago
The Senior Concept Artist is responsible for creating terrific concepts and 2D artworks to define the look, mood and the style of environments, characters and other assets of our game worlds. They should understand the importance of how to evolve an existing brand without breaking it. Strong understanding of architecture and the ability to make jaw-dropping realistic looking spaces. Equally at home creating concept for characters and clothing with a military slant.
- Conceptualize, design, and create 2D artworks, mood paintings and detailed production concepts for game development, and for selling the game to executive.
- Create environment mood paintings and illustrations as well as detailed production concepts.
- Ensure that concepts are suitable for the production needs of the other departments
- Close collaboration with the Art Director to work within the visual style of the game
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Provide support and advice for artists
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Concept Artist in game development
- Knowledge of next gen asset creation workflows with the ability to modify and improve them specific to role.
- Very strong skills in Photoshop with an emphasis on realistic rendering techniques
- Amazing eye for composition, color, lighting and mood
- Deep knowledge in human anatomy, architecture and rendering vegetation
- Being able to closely adapt a specific art style
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results on time
- Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Good modeling and digital sculpting skills are a plus (Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush, Mudbox)
- Knowledge of Substance Designer/Painter knowledge is a plus
- Animation and/or riggings skills are a plus (Maya, 3DS Max, MotionBuilder)
- Storyboarding skills
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props
- Examples of fantastic and realistic characters
- Examples of style variety
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Concept Artist - VR [Unannounced Project]. We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP’s which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!