Senior Compositors - Contract - 6 to 8 Weeks (Remote Work)
18 days ago
We are looking for senior compositors who can start immediately on 6 to 8 weeks contract. Successful candidates will have the option of working remotely from home.
- Assist in creation of basic comp scripts for shot templating tools.
- Assist Lookdev/Shot Artists with Roto, prep, keying, stitches, contact sheets, 2D elements.
- DN packaging for local site work.
- Apply retimes to match to editorial reference, publish retimes to the pipeline. Clean up retime artifacts.
- Pick up urgent IM/IN/IR/IDN requests from the ticket queue when other locations are offline or don't have the resource.
- Deliver final shots with blue/green screen replacement with 2.5D DMP/CG ENV and numerous 2D elements to match set look.
- Deliver final shots up to mid level multiple CG characters to set look with minimal interaction.
- Quality control of their own shots before passing to a Lead/Supe for final QC.
- Attend comp dailies and presenting their work to a Supervisor.
- Stereo Triage.
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Previous experience working with Linux
- Knowledge of the entire VFX pipeline
- Eye for creating photo-realist images
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work within a team environment
- Able to review and implement feedback in timely manner
- Able to identify compositing issues (black levels, key edges, tracks, roto, etc.)
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
- An education or interest in real world lighting and photography.
- Experience with Maya, katana and/or Silhouette.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
- Experience in compositing visual effects for feature film or high-end episodic.
- Experience doing VFX CG composting and deep compositing.
The details above provide an outline of the skills and experience we are looking out for. Within our artist team structure, we have a range of positions. These are:
During our recruitment process we will be assessing where your skills and experience best fit.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
MPC’s global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.