Senior Compensation Partner
Los Angeles, California, United States
9 days ago
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to a balanced and equitable outcome stabilizing micro and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with a deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Senior Compensation Partner , reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation, you bring deep knowledge to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You are the go-to resource for all things related to compensation, ranging from administering and improving the annual compensation cycle to creating tools to aid in data and market-informed decisions. You own not only the foundation of good pay practices but the education to level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, and executive) of compensation. You will dedicate time to growing and mentoring Rioters throughout the company, and you will introduce carefully crafted processes to ensure programs work for Riot and not the other way around.
- Administer broad based pay programs at Riot Games, including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans created in the future
- Oversee compensation processes, including annual base pay and incentive review, off-cycle review governance and job matching, and survey submissions/results review
- Perform analysis on effectiveness and fairness of existing programs
- Partner with the People systems team on compensation related implementations/improvements and administer compensation related workflows, providing compensation review and approvals
- Design and administer pay practices and governance to help ensure that Riot's pay programs are consistent, equitable, and meet our requirements
- Partner in maturing and overseeing Riot's job architecture and position management, including designing fit workflows among Riot leaders, HR business partners, and the compensation team
- Make recommendations about our largest expense and most meaningful asset - Rioters - based on compensation principles and philosophy
- Demonstrate growth and mentorship in guiding others through complex issues
- Stay on top of standard methodologies, industry trends and current compensation, total rewards and people compliance, and practice evolution
- 6+ years of experience in a compensation/total rewards analyst role with progression
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law as it pertains to pay practices
- Comfort with excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) modeling and data visualization
- Experience taking care of issues that do not always have a process or system in place, and a bias for taking action
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to executives
- Financial and accounting familiarity - ability to partner with our finance and accounting colleagues to provide relevant data and investigate outliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience administering focal compensation exercises such as merit, bonus, or equity planning
- Experience in executive compensation or HR consulting
- Familiarity with international pay practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).