Senior Community Manager
12 days ago
As the games division of Bad Robot Productions ( Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek ), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a Senior Community Manager that is passionate about fostering, engaging, and building game communities. You understand the importance of community in games and are part of it.
Are you ready?
- Define our voice, approach, and content strategy for our community and social media channels for Bad Robot Games and our associated games.
- Build and maintain a content calendar including but not limited to game posts, events, contests, and other community activations designed to foster, engage and inspire our community.
- Create player-facing resources and content such as articles, blog posts, videos, and FAQs to help enhance and deepen the community gameplay experience.
- Engage directly with the Bad Robot Games community in our owned channels.
- Build reports on community sentiment and other KPIs to reflect the health of our community and owned channels.
- Contribute to global Bad Robot Games messaging docs, ensuring our owned channels align with approved messaging.
- Own the social and community plans that support go-to-market strategies for our games and franchises.
- Identify and empower community leaders to help foster a safe and non-toxic community.
- Write copy for our websites, blogs, social media channels, maintaining the voice for our brand and franchises.
- Inspire community conversation and moderation to ensure the discussions are safe and respectable places for our fans to participate in.
- Build an identity and develop an active and engaged relationship with players in the fan base.
- Develop programs to identify key influencers and leverage these community members to help evangelize our games and franchises.
- Stay active in our owned channels daily to know how the community feels, understand community concerns, and communicate community status to internal teams and product leads.
- Report on areas of concern for the community, surface trending topics/threads, and share/contextualize engagement metrics.
- Establish KPIs and monitor and track toward them
- 5+ years experience in community and/or social media management in gaming or entertainment.
- Deep understanding of how to measure and increase engagement in all forums, including but not limited to social channels, blogs, FAQs, live streams, and more.
- Must be creative and have a love for games and their communities.
- Must have experience in the game industry.
- Must be an excellent writer with solid editor skills
- Previous experience with user moderation in a digital/online environment
- Familiar with online tools to track and report community and social media KPIs
- Have a strong understanding of social media services, mechanics, and trends, especially Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, Discord, and Facebook.
- Strong organizational skills and an independent, self-motivated work style.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, especially Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite or other visual content software
- Multimedia content creation experience, including streaming and developing creative assets for social media
- Previous experience with customer first-contact and de-escalation
Competitive compensation package and benefits
- We encourage a balance in work, personal life and are proponents of health & wellness
- We provide Medical (PPO), Dental, and Vision - 100% of premiums covered for employee and eligible partner & dependents
- Our studio closes several weeks a year for true relax + refresh time in addition to holidays
- Our open time-off policy allows you to take the time off you need without worrying about vacation allotments or accruals
- Comprehensive employee assistance program
- Family and financial wellness
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- We are passionate about social impact and provide education, awareness, and outreach via Good Robot (Bad Robot’s community service and giving division)
- Allocated funds to donate to meaningful non-profit organizations
- Collaborative and casual work environment
DIVERSE AND DISTRIBUTED TEAM (REMOTE-FIRST)
- We believe our studio should be representative of the people who play our games. Our goal is to make games in which all players can see themselves.
- It’s 2021; games are being made by developers spread across the world. Our HQ is located in Santa Monica, CA, but our team collaborates from all over.
- For now, we are only accepting remote candidates in the continental USA but may be interested in changing this policy as we grow.
FUNDED, BUT INDEPENDENT:
- Backed by strategic and venture capital firms Galaxy Interactive, Horizons Ventures, Tencent, WBIE, and Iconiq, our investors believe in the future of storytelling in games and our ability to deliver on that promise.
We offer competitive salaries and compensation packages to all of our full-time hires — which includes comprehensive benefits and amazing opportunities. For more information on current career opportunities with Bad Robot Games, email email@example.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to make reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled applicants. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.