Senior Community Manager (Apex Legends)
13 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio .
We’re looking for a highly skilled Senior Community Manager who will engage with our community via Respawn, Apex Legends, and Apex Legends Mobile owned channels. You will be part of a small community team embedded with the developers, and will help facilitate communication in both directions. If you like Respawn’s games and want to help nurture the positive relationship between us and our community, come join us and help us create an incredible experience for our players.
What you’ll do…
- Develop strategic plans for community activations for Apex Legends and Apex Legends: Mobile
- Write copy, post imagery, videos, etc. to our channels
- Collaborate with developers to edit, capture, or otherwise help them get their messages out to players via dev blogs, short-form video content, or direct engagement with players on social
- Work to build a bridge between players and the devs on Apex Legends and Apex Legends Mobile, acting as a point of contact for players and facilitating access to devs through programs and content.
- Own and schedule content that lives across the Apex Legends, Apex Legends Mobile, and Respawn owned channels like playapex.com and respawn.com
- Actively reply to players on social to nurture a positive relationship between Respawn and its community
- Build and maintain an editorial calendar in partnership with the rest of the comms team
- Collaborate with marketing, brand, influencer, and comms teams across Respawn and the broader EA org to deliver the best possible experience for our players.
Candidates should be…
- Experienced. We’re looking for people who have at least 3–5 years of experience with writing and managing communication, updates, campaigns, etc, ideally in the video game industry. In particular we’re looking for experience drafting long-form and short-form messaging on behalf of major games teams across a variety of channels
- Knowledgeable. We’re looking for candidates who have deep knowledge of gaming, community trends, and ideally who have knowledge of and experience with the games we have released.
- Growth-oriented. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential—and to grow! Teamwork and a willingness to work, learn, and grow together is critical to our success.
Ideally, you also will have…
- Fantastic writing skills.
- Excellent strategic and creative thinking skills.
- A player-first mentality
- The ability to communicate effectively and to build successful interpersonal relationships with discipline partners across the organization.
- A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more by visiting www.respawn.com/perks