Senior Commercial Producer - Overwatch
15 days ago
Job Title:Senior Commercial Producer - Overwatch
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…producers? The Overwatch team is looking for a new hero to team up as a Commercial Producer!
Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum visibility and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Drive creation and maintenance of the commercial initiatives roadmap (PR, Community, Brand, CPG, Partnerships, Regions, Finance) and the corresponding needs from the development team
- Build sustainable pipelines and processes for visibility, alignment, and work that requires commercial and development
- Help define and communicate dates and deadlines to the team in an effective manner and drive the completion of goals
- Define processes for approvals and information dissemination between Commercial and Development teams and key internal and external partners
- Manage internal and external partners (CPG, Partnerships, Regions) that drive Commercial and Development dependencies
- Manage asset trafficking and approvals with all internal and external stakeholders
- Think and execute strategically on long-term project priorities, deliverables, and risks
- Identify, communicate, and work to resolve challenges that may prevent our team or our development partners from achieving goals on time.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a production, operations, or project management capacity.
- Demonstrable ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules, and to drive projects to completion in a timely manner.
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders and the team at large.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to drive towards clarity; strong collaborative problem solver.
- Knowledge of software development and project management, including agile frameworks.
- Experience working with content development and with cross-functional game teams.
- Experience with online games
- Expertise with Jira, Confluence, or comparable applications
- BA / BS (or equivalent)