Senior Combat Designer - Unannounced Project
4 months ago
Dimensional Ink Games is building teams as diverse as our ideas.
- Collaborate with other designers and disciplines to design and document multiplayer, RPG, action-based game systems.
- Design, develop and maintain combat systems.
- Create NPC AI and player character classes.
Leader In Craft
- Modern Tools/Techniques: Knowledge of Unreal 4, visual scripting, or equivalent.
- Craft standards: Exemplary command of combat mechanics and skill in crafting unique combat experiences. Ability to drive designs from concept to gameplay, utilizing quick iteration processes for proof of concept and onboarding of stakeholders. Strong understanding of combat balance, how abilities interplay, and their overall effect on combat meta.
- Documentation: Strong skills in creating design proposals and combat system and ability specifications.
- Personal Proficiencies: Proven ability to manage time, self-organize, and meet deadlines with a positive and collaborative attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Live Product: Strong experience developing for a live product with at least 1 shipped MMO, Action, or RPG title preferred (4 years Game Designer experience preferred)
- Bonuses: Knowledge of current gaming trends, programming or scripting experience
- End result: Superior ability to construct abilities and mechanics that interact dynamically with gameplay systems to drive exciting meta gameplay.
- Innovative Ownership: Be an owner, build owners
We know that to succeed means to fail but fail wisely and come back better. Don’t do something just because it’s always been done that way. Be open to learning from all sources and be willing to teach all. Work smart and pursue your craft with passion.
- Empathy: Walk in their shoes
We take the time to see from the perspectives of our team members and our players. We care deeply, behave positively, and communicate candidly. Emotional intelligence allows our team to act with respect and appreciate each another (and ourselves).
- Collaboration: See the best idea, not have the best idea
We are better together than by ourselves, so we know that a great idea can come from anywhere. We are committed to hiring the best-fitting team members who amplify our craftsmanship and inspire us all to grow.
- Honesty/Humility: Integrity matters
We have the self-reflection to hold ourselves accountable and support those who also hold themselves accountable. Be transparent to build trust and a team that is empowered to be bold and authentic. We trust our team members and their feedback.
Note: *Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
We are fully prepared to do remote onboarding and equipment shipments as needed for our new hires while we are currently working remotely!