Senior Cloud Systems Engineer, Private Cloud (Openstack)
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
3 days ago
Job Title:Senior Cloud Systems Engineer, Private Cloud (Openstack)
Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, we run one of the largest private OpenStack clouds in the world across seven geographical sites. Operating at this scale comes with challenges. A core value of Blizzard is to learn and grow, so as we solve and overcome these challenges, we are compelled to share our solutions. To that end we contribute to many OpenStack projects including Magnum, Senlin and Designate. While we continue to scale and grow an awesome private cloud, our strategy for the future is hinged upon multi cloud. We value public cloud for functionality, reach and scale when it makes sense. The agility offered by multi cloud has helped realize many successes.
As we look to our current and future plans, we have a need to increase our engineering capacity to ensure success. We are looking to hire a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer. This role will be focused on all operations and engineering aspects of our multi cloud environment. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a strong engineering team, owning and operating a complex and challenging set of technologies.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Cloud engineering - deliver project work on time and to specification to provide new features and services as required by our customers
· Become familiar with the core OpenStack products, and our public cloud governance program to the point where you can identify and troubleshoot more complex issues
· Research new technologies, develop prototypes, and contribute to technical decision making
· Design, automate, and execute repeatable processes for facilitating new cloud users and workloads
· Document operational processes and procedures
· Mentor peers and educate internal customers on cloud technologies
· Cloud operations - participate in production support and on-call duties
· Intermediate Linux experience. Know why things work on a Linux system -- not just how to configure them. Examples: systemd, filesystems, system metrics, logging, networking, security.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux applications and services.
· Experience with large-scale deployments involving private and/or hybrid platforms.
· Experience with OpenStack and Linux virtualization. e.g. KVM, Xen, VMWare.
- Experience working with OpenStack dependencies such as; RabbitMQ, MySQL, Web Servers and Proxies.
· Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet.
· Hands-on experience deploying Linux Containers in production with any container scheduling technology.
· Ability to write software in Python or another administrative language.
· Experience architecting applications and systems in at least one public cloud platform.
- Experience working with the community supported version of OpenStack..
· Experience working with OpenStack storage primitives such as Swift and Cinder.
· Experience working with OpenStack network primitives such as LinuxBridge, Load Balancing, DNS or SDN.
· Ability to write software in Python or another language commonly used in systems administration.
· Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
· Experience with the offerings of multiple large public clouds. g. AWS, GCP, Azure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Team Name:IT - Infrastructure Engineering