Senior Cloud Security Engineer
3 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for someone to build and drive Security across Rec Room, utilizing methods to eliminate vulnerabilities at scale, implement new security mitigations, and work across teams to refactor and update high-risk code bases. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of security fundamentals, experience with vulnerability management, threat modeling and incident response. As a Leader of the security council, you will need excellent communication skills and a passion for keeping the Rec Room player community safe.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Own and drive the security efforts across other teams at Rec Room
- Work autonomously, solving technical design and development problems
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to build secure new technology for our players
- Mentor engineers around security best practices
- Utilize software to find and fix security vulnerabilities and exploits across Rec Room's clients and servers
- Be continually learning new skills in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with software services security
- Experience driving security practices across a large scale cloud environment, preferably Azure
- Experience with exploitation techniques, mitigations, and prevention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Professional software development experience
- Experience with penetration testing
- Knowledge of compliance systems, such as GDPR and COPPA
- Strong track record of vulnerability research and discovery
- Expert understanding of encryption, containers, operating systems
- Experience working on social media, games, e-commerce, or cloud computing
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec Room Inc. strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.