Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
8 days ago
At Unity, we are passionate about gaming, and we love that we provide professional and indie creators with the top tier platform to bring their ideas to life. Monthly, billions of gamers around the world discover incredible games that are Made with Unity, contributing to the success of developers and the delight of game players.
We want to go one step further. We believe that the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we see that players themselves are becoming the creators of the future.
We are on a mission to enable every player to play, build and share games on the most accessible platform: Your phone.
Join our new team and help us building the biggest platform to create and play games on mobile.
What you’ll be doing
- Building up and maintaining a backend architecture that is supposed to serve millions of players
- Ensuring a flawless integration of the platform backend into our mobile frontend with an emphasis on scalability
- Owning the operation of all our service architecture
- Ensuring a reliable and scalable delivery of our backend services
- Hardening the security and adaptability of our platform backend
You should have
- Working knowledge of the AWS and GCP ecosystems, particularly services like Lambda, CloudFront, S3, RDS, Cloud Run, Cloud SQL
- Good command of SQL and NoSQL database solutions to boost the performance of our queries
- Good understanding of CI / CD tools to automate away all deployment and testing processes
- Good knowledge of monitoring tools, such as Datadog, to help us never miss unusual behaviour again
- Experience with developing backend services in NodeJS
You might also have
- Understanding of software engineering and development methodologies
- Experience with B2C backend services and related scalability & security challenges, such as DDoS attacks
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.