Senior Cloud Engineer
Brighton, United Kingdom
9 days ago
We are Unity Solutions, a new team building custom software for a wide range of clients. Our professional services team works across multiple platforms incorporating cutting edge technologies like XR, ML, robotics and IoT. We work on a diverse range of business verticals including automotive, retail, natural resources, manufacturing and entertainment.
We’re looking for a talented cloud engineer to join our new team in Brighton. We are looking for someone that has a proven track record building scalable Cloud APIs. You understand REST fundamentals, own your work, mentor others, and have an eagerness to learn and grow.
At Unity, we believe the world is a better place with more creators in it. Together, we’ll use your experience in cloud development to build incredible solutions for our clients and our community.
- Develop and deploy high quality, cloud-based application
- Deploy solutions to cloud hosting services such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Work closely with producers and other developers to develop scalable and performant REST APIs
- to enable better software development
- Estimate tasks and manage time effectively
- Investigate, architect, plan and develop
- Ability to develop scalable solutions with large data sets
- Proficient in AWS, Microsoft Azure, or the Google Cloud Platform
- Solid fundamentals of the HTTP protocol and how to define compliant REST APIs
- Proficient with a variety of SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, or Redis
- Writes testable code with an understanding and passion for testing cloud based solutions at scale (unit testing, integration testing, load testing and penetration testing)
- Ensure the team adheres to and offers improvements to project standards and guidelines
- Ability to pick the best tools and develop tools that can be used by others
- Experience leading small teams to design, develop and deploy high quality cloud based applications
- Understanding of build systems in deploying via CI and CD
- Experience with DevOps tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Terraform, or Serverless.com
- Experience building software using the Unity Editor
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.