Senior Cloud Developer
6 days ago
Senior Cloud Developer - Ziva
At Ziva, we build the world's most realistic characters for AAA games and films. We are looking for a Senior software developer to help build cloud applications and APIs.
You’re a skilled and expert software developer with deep knowledge of cloud and distributed systems and experience building pipelines for feature films and/or AAA games.
You have crafted sophisticated software solutions and are comfortable with event-driven architecture, asynchronous programming, serverless applications, SQL and NoSQL databases, and greenfield projects.
You’re passionate and inventive, and intuitively work to turn ambitious requirements into simple, effective, reliable solutions.
This team is breaking ground bringing character creation tools to the cloud and we hope you're as excited about it as we are!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and deploy to the cloud high quality services and APIs
- Take ownership of the development and maintenance of features and services, identifying technical roadblocks and proposing solutions
- Collaborate with the team manager and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain solutions based on Ziva's infrastructure
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code and infrastructure
- Lead the R&D to determine the feasibility of novel approaches to deploying character creation tools to the cloud
What we’re looking for
- Strong experience building highly available and scalable distributed systems from the ground up
- Professional experience spanning multiple services from AWS
- Problem solving with a natural investigative ability to seek and implement the best solution
- Good communication with the ability to discuss and understand code design fluently and in depth
You might also have
- Proficient knowledge of DCC tools such as Maya and Shotgrid, as well as experience using Deadline or similar cloud-based render farms
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.