Senior Client Engineer
18 days ago
Scopely is looking for a Client Engineer to join a new truly unique multiplayer strategy game in Barcelona, Spain on a hybrid basis, meaning 2-3 days a week in the office and the option to work the other days remotely. We can support with visa sponsorship and relocation assistance.
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
We are in the early stages of development on an ambitious, unannounced Strategy/MMO title, creating a team of talented and passionate game makers to join us on this exciting journey!
What You Will Do
- Design and implement new features in our core technologies, working collaboratively with other stakeholder teams to understand requirements and identify the best technical solutions
- Propose and implement improvements to our development processes, workflows and tools to increase efficiency, quality and throughput
- Conduct pair programming, code reviews, 1-1’s and knowledge-sharing sessions to enhance skills and build a strong development culture
- Work closely with QA to resolve bugs and deliver high-quality code for testing, contributing directly to the code base
- Be the quality gate for all code that goes into our core technologies. Write clean, efficient and optimized code
- Work with stakeholders to figure out and implement the best alternative technical solutions
What We’re Looking For
- Experienced professional being part of a development team working on gameplay development with the Unity engine
- Familiarity with software development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum
- Excellent experience working with multiple stakeholders in the development process, being able to understand their goals and deliver/ evaluate various tech solutions to meet these, as well as knowledge of software engineering best practices and trends
- Strong technical skills and experience in at least one of the following areas: game engines, rendering engines, networking, physics, AI, and audio and excellent programming skills in C#
- Experience with version control, build tools and deployment pipelines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration
- Experience with cloud technologies and services for game development
- Familiarity with other game engines such as Unreal
- Experience with graphics programming, including shaders
- Knowledge of game design principles and user experience
- Experience in mobile and/or PC game development
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.