AntiMatter Games are looking for a talented candidate to help create cinematics in our latest narrative driven games.
This role is part of the team responsible for creating high quality compelling cinematic sequences, marketing material and video assets for use in game. You’ll be working with members of the Animation, Cinematics and Video teams as well as other innovative and passionate developers.
Remote and Hybrid working options available
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working within the animation/cinematics team, develop high quality cinematics for both in-game and promotional material
- Work closely with the narrative team to capture mood, performances and push visual storytelling
- Plan bespoke in-game sequences which drive narrative storytelling using storyboards, shot lists, script breakdowns and previsualiations.
- Work with level designers and the Cinematics Lead to lay out scenes, integrate bespoke animations, animate cameras, set up lighting and add supporting VFX.
- Work closely with cinematic animators and the cinematic lead to plan and develop motion capture shoots
- Excellent animation skills creating camera animations
- A great eye for shot composition and storytelling
- Experience in lighting/ rendering and cinematography
- Ability to block out scenes using pre-visualisation techniques
- Experience with editing software such as Adobe premiere
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine and Sequencer
- Excellent written and spoken English
- able to receive and apply critique on your work
- Abilities working to a deadline and managing your own time.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- You have at least 2 years experience in Cinematics, and at least one shipped title.
- Previous game or film experience creating sequences
- A passion for game and film
- Experience with Maya and Motionbuilder
- Motion capture experience
- Understand principles of animation
- Photoshop and After Effects Experience
- On set and Post-production experience
- Experience with sound production
- Determined, self motivated
- Passionate about quality
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Formal art training
AntiMatter Games is Cornwall’s largest game development studio. We developed Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and the critically acclaimed sequel Rising Storm 2: Vietnam.
Working for Antimatter means working on exciting and innovative video games every day! We have a strong company culture, where our employees are encouraged to have an excellent work-life balance. We want to support our team to become the best developers they can be, whatever their department.
UK Employees will receive Private Health Insurance, a BUPA Cash Plan and subscription to PerkBox, which includes hundreds of perks, freebies and discounts on its platform.
Based in waterside offices in Truro, the UK's most Southerly city, AntiMatter Games' offices are within a few minutes walk of Cornwall's shopping, culture and eating hub. Accessible by bus or train, and with private car parking, or for the more adventurous, you could kayak to work! Perfectly positioned to explore the tranquil South Coast or the crashing Atlantic North Coast, we offer an unrivalled life/work experience for those making games in the UK.
On weekends and evenings, our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beachcombing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera. On rainy days you might find a friendly game of Dungeons & Dragons or a book to read by the fireplace. Sometimes we also play video games!
There are Hybrid and remote working options for this role.
We accept non UK applicants and there are sponsorship options available for this role
Successful applicants working outside of the UK will be engaged as subcontractors
For information on how we process your data, our data protection policy for candidates can be found here. https://bae25225-cf6b-435f-b433-5bc37c1bb661.filesusr.com/ugd/249ad1_f265a531218c49e6b089607c9c9da4ff.pdf