Senior Cinematic Artist
18 days ago
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
Art at Timbre Games
We are visionaries, sculptors, painters and landscapers of virtual worlds. Together, we breathe life into creative concepts and ideas while defining experiences and quality. We collaborate with multiple departments to establish our vision, and absolutely light up as we watch it all come together. We are utilizing advanced tools and technologies to shape our vision of building diverse and accessible AAA games.
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey where your passion for cinematics meets the captivating world of gaming? Timbre Games is seeking our first trailblazing Senior Cinematics Artist to join our Art team and make an indelible mark on the gaming universe. You'll play a pivotal role in shaping the in-game cinematic identity of our games and elevating the player experience. By capturing these visuals both in motion and with screenshots, you’ll play a key part in showcasing our first game in presentations, marketing and for our players!
As our first Senior Cinematic Artist, you’ll impact our team by driving and creating a level of artistry from a cinematic perspective. You will collaborate closely with our development teams and leadership teams to craft our cinematic style and implement in Unreal Engine 5. Your magic lies in intersecting real-time cinematics into our first game, capturing the minds and emotions of our audience and enhancing the player experience.
As a Senior Cinematic Artist at Timbre, you will:
- Understand the needs for cinematics on our first major project and by collaborating with our Art team and Art Director, you’ll play a huge part in building out the overall feel and look for Timbre cinematics
- Implement cinematics into Unreal Engine 5, such as intro/outro full cinematics, in-game player interaction and marketing materials
- Develop and maintain an organized cinematic pipeline, setting best practices that uphold efficiency and quality standards
- Partner with our diverse teams including Animation, Tech Art & Design to ensure the games needs and feel are met and conveyed through in-game cinematics
- Stay current with industry trends and advancements in game cinematic technology, and proactively integrate innovative techniques into our projects
What you bring:
- A demo reel that breaks down the cinematic content you’ve created throughout your 5+ year career, or equivalent experience
- A deep understanding of implementation in Unreal Engine including: render outputs of gameplay cameras, vignette cinematics and screenshots of world art
- Creator of Clarity: You ensure that cinematic effects are precisely timed, visuals enhances the atmosphere, and fly throughs convey narrative nuances. Your experience creating or defining the needs of 2D, 2.5D or VFX Assets to support the cinematic ensures that every asset will serve a purpose, creating a cohesive cinematic experience that resonates with players and external partners
- Visionary Explorer: You explore uncharted territories in cinematics by experimenting with the latest UE5 has to offer to co-drive the cinematic vision. Your ability to craft digital, immersive art enables your creations of in-game cinematics experiences that transcend the expected, enriching our games with visual dimensions that surprise and captivate players
- Diversity Champion: You create in-game cinematics and materials that resonate to players from diverse backgrounds and are accessible to our audience. You partner with your teams with an open-mind, allowing you to drive a creative process that celebrates inclusivity
- Pursuer of Fun: Cinematics add another layer of fun to our game and you bring that energy to collaborative discussions with our creative team, maximizing the magic on the player’s emotional journey. Previous VFX experience would be nice-to-have for that added magic and sparkle to our game!
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page
, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn
to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.