Senior Cinematic Animator
14 days ago
Ascendant Studios is looking for a cinematic animator to help bring our first title to life. Our ideal applicant has a solid animation background paired with strong technical ability and pipeline knowledge. Prior work in games is required, and experience with Unreal Engine would be a big plus.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
Please include a link to a reel of your work when applying for this position.
- Create previs 3d animatics to inform cinematic sequences and mocap shoots
- Assemble motion capture for body and face along with cameras for external cleanup
- Creating hero shots that may involve more complexity, helping to final cinematic shots
- Developing technical gameplay focused cinematic sequences
- Coordinating with outsourcers for animation cleanup
- Helping develop cinematic pipeline and tools
- 3-5+ years of experience as an animator working with video game cinematics or feature film development
- Expert with motion capture, facial animation, cameras, and keyframe creatures and humans
- Able to collaborate and take direction from creative leads and narrative team
- Expert proficiency with Maya
- Solid foundational animation skills, such as timing, weight, and human anatomy
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team
Good to have:
- Experience working with Unreal Engine sequencer
- Experience with rigging and rig creation, motion capture recording and processing, or Python/MEL scripting
- Previous experience working on an AAA, 1st person, console title