Senior Character Rigger
9 days ago
About ProbablyMonsters™ Incubation Team
Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a next generation independent game company that creates long-lasting studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class entertainment through a positive people-first culture.
We have built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability, and approachability.
Connected by the company’s mission to unite, guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment experiences, developers are given the confidence, security, and stability to create and ship their games free of distractions.
Our Incubation Team focuses on prototyping new ideas, new game concepts, new franchises, and the incubation of new studios with the ambitious vision to create genre defining games for the next generation of players. This is one of those unique opportunities that only happen once in a lifetime.
ProbablyMonsters is looking for a Senior Character Rigger to join a character-driven action game in its incubation.
This position will work closely with a multidisciplinary group of artists, designers, and engineers to rig, skin, implement, optimize, and maintain characters with the goal of elevating the gameplay experience and crafting spectacular visuals. An ideal candidate possesses strong technical skills in rigging, an artistic eye, and passion for video games.
Who You Are
What You Will Do
- Unwavering in your commitment to creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Always striving for excellence and growth in your craft.
- Excited about quickly translating concepts into functional prototypes and iterating on those ideas.
- You look forward to working closely with other departments to bring world class characters to life.
- You consider yourself a game-developer and understand how your work elevates the experience.
- The prospect of working in a highly collaborative, highly iterative, multidisciplinary environment excites you.
- You understand the importance of documenting workflows and sharing knowledge.
- You are continually on the lookout for ways to systemically improve quality and productivity.
- Your experience reflects your passion for empowering developers and projects with intuitive tools and workflows.
- Rig and weight characters, creatures, and props while working closely with Character Artists, Animators and Designers.
- Create rigging pipelines and inform tooling.
- Integrate a character and set up physics.
- Optimization passes to make our character rigs more performant - either in engine or using a 3rd party tools.
- Provide technical support for rigs in both Maya and Unreal Engine.
- Work directly in engine to set up and maintain character assets.
- Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is game-ready and high-quality.
- Provide feedback on workflow and tools for the team at large.
- Participate in our team-wide playtests and give feedback on the experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Technical Animator creating rigs.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and proficient in scripting (Python/Mel/MAX Script).
- Experience developing character rigs on at least 1 shipped game.
Out Commitment To You
- Experience shipping with Unreal Engine.
- Technical Skills: Scripting.
- Experience in runtime animation tools such as physics and simulations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off, financial benefits and professional and personal development.